1. What information do we collect?
Information you give us:
- through registration
- when you purchase an item
- when you enter information on certain pages on the site or log in using your social media profile, when you register to our Loyalty programme, when you connect to the wifi network in our store or when you contact us by phone or email. This includes your date of birth, name, email address, phone number and social media profile details
- transaction details, purchase history and items saved in your basket
- payment information and bank details such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, as well as billing and shipping details
- other information we may ask in connection with promotional offers, surveys, contests or other marketing activities.
Information we receive from other sources, such as when somebody buys a gift for you on our site and from partners we jointly offer services with or from advertisers, about your interactions with them. This may comprise your name, geographic location, age, shopping habits, user-generated content (such as blogs and social media postings), social media user name or other social media profile information (such as the number of followers), in each case as permitted by law. We rely on the lawful basis for processing (which could be the consent you give to third parties) prior to us receiving that information for processing. Refer to the third party privacy statements of each of the websites you interact with for further details of that party’s processing.
2. How do we use your information?
We use the information you give to us to:
- process any order that you make and making sure you have a great experience using our services
- provide customer service and support and respond to your queries and requests
- notify you that it’s your lucky day and you have been selected as a winner of a contest or sweepstake (or to confirm your entry to future competitions or events)
- protect and prevent against fraud
- enable our experts to conduct data analysis to help us improve our services and advertising, including showing you our adverts as you browse the web. We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services; and
- keep you updated on our latest announcements or send you post and emails with information about our products that we believe may be of interest to you. You may receive marketing communications from us if you have purchased goods from us and you have not opted out of marketing. We will do this when we believe it is in our mutual interests to do so. If you would like to change your communication preferences or if you no longer want to be part of our mailing list, please Contact Us.
We use the information we collect to:
- administer our site and improve your browsing experience, including tailoring content offered to you. We use data profiling in order to make the content we make available to you more interesting and relevant. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. See 6. Your rights (and how to exercise them!) for more details.
- to identify and prevent default in payments, fraud and other harmful activity, to defend our rights or property and to protect the rights and interests of our consumers and users; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- combine it with information you give to us and information we collect about you for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). These are companies approved by you, such as social media sites.
In accordance with the law, we will only retain your personal information for the period necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided. We keep this data under periodic review to ensure it is still necessary for us to retain it. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
3. How we share your information?
We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies and with reputable service providers that help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience, including matters such as warehousing and delivery, credit card and data processing, marketing and advertising, management of our loyalty programmes, IT hosting and market research. In order to ensure the security of your transactions and prevent or detect fraudulent transactions, we may also share your information with our fraud screening partner. We won’t otherwise sell or distribute your personal data unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Be aware that our site includes social network plugins, so certain data (your current IP address, visited sites, date and time) is forwarded to these social media services even if you are not registered with them. If you are already logged into the social media service when you click on the social media button, the social media service may also use this data to identify your user name and possibly even your real name. Unfortunately, we have no control over the extent, nature and purpose of such data processing or their privacy practices – we suggest you review their privacy statement.
You can rest assured that we’ll only disclose your information for the specific purposes mentioned in 2. How do we use your information? and that your data security is being taken care of. These third parties are bound to process your personal data only on our strict instructions and when they can offer adequate technical and organizational measures to protect it.
We may also disclose your personal information as necessary to protect the security and integrity of our site according to with the law, in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, or as required or authorized by law.
4. Sharing information overseas
5. Security of data
We adopt technical and organisational measures to protect your data as comprehensively as possible. In addition to the commitment of our employees to secrecy and a careful selection and monitoring of our service providers, who are bound to comply with high-security standards for the protection of your personal data, we also secure our operating environment adequately.
To protect your data against unwanted access, we use data encryption. Data collected from this site will be passed between your computer and our server and vice versa via the internet using 256-Bit TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption. We will not use encryption though if you exchange only generally available information with us. In order to secure the transmission of sensitive bank and credit card details and to protect data from abusive use, we utilize in-transit encryption (SSL, Secure Socket Layer). Data stored in our database is also encrypted using 256-Bit AES encryption.
6. Your rights (and how to exercise them!)
As a much-loved user of our site, you have the right to request details of personal information which we hold about you as well as the purpose of its processing. How do we use your information? The lawful basis we rely on to process your information. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, but please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit. In addition, you have a right to demand the correction of incorrect data and the deletion of that which is inappropriate or no longer needed.
If you are seeking to exercise any of your statutory rights or if you have any comments, queries, or complaints about our collection or use your personal information please click here. Your request will be investigated by our Data Protection Officer. A response to your request will be provided in writing as soon as possible and certainly, within 30 calendar days of the days, we received the request. We expect that our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your request.
7. Contact us
Just so you know, our legal name is Beer Hound Limited. We are registered in Hong Kong with business registration number 70034368 0001118 2. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments, queries or complaints about our data collection or use of your personal information.
If you no longer want to receive marketing information from us, simply follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the e-mail we send to you. Have in mind that even if you opt-out we may still continue to send you information that relates to any account or business relationship you may still have with us (i.e. a request you have made about our great beer).